F-250 IFS Front End Rebuild/couple questions i need expertise on

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

F-250 IFS Front End Rebuild/couple questions i need expertise on

Coco
hey guys, haven’t been active lately here but the ‘84 F-250 6.9 IDI i started back in August is almost done!! i had her driving again for the first time in 6ish years just last week before the “new” fuel filter gave out on me and now causes a rough time starting.
i’ve got some light engine work to redo and fix, now that she’s been daily’d for a week and a half; but i’ve got a couple questions regarding the front end rebuild, and some electrical(?) problems.

to start off; today i installed new a full new tie rod set, because the original set was stock and super super loose. i want to install a leveling kit in the front, and new coils to lift the truck, and add blocks to the rear leaves for a couple extra inches so it has a nice, semi-assertive stance, without being overly aggressive and big. im going to order the coils, kingpins, and hopefully leveling kit on thursday when i get payed; so i can hopefully have the truck put back together in time for a date on sunday.

my main question with the front end is; are the leveling pucks compatible between F-Series’s models? most of what i find F-250-wise is all ‘99-present, or 4wd leaf spring suspension, which i don’t have, i have 2wd IFS.
if they are, then would any puck set work, and what thread pitch do i need?

secondly; after replacing the headlight switch inside the dash, i lost gauges, dash turn signals, and everything else, except speedo, backlight, high beams and seatbelt warning light. i’m not sure why, but now there’s nothing. all exterior lights work, turn signals, high beams, low beams, tail, brake, and reverse lights, but nothing on the dash besides that. these originally worked before, when the headlights and exterior lights didn’t work, although turn signals (in and out) were hit or miss.
is this a normal problem, and where should i start looking for causes? i checked all the fuses when i first purchased the truck last year, and replaced all the popped ones, but should i go back through and check again or do i need to tear the entire dash apart and get behind it all to see what’s up?

i am on a bit of a schedule, i’d like to have as much of this work done as possible for sunday, so if there’s any east fixes or hacks for anything they’d be greatly appreciated!!
i hope you are all well and thriving!!
Autumn: 1984 F-250 XLT
Single Cab Long bed, 2wd
4spd manual, 6.9L/420 Diesel