Emblem Install Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Emblem Install Question

Powerman5K
I'm getting ready to install the new F100 Emblems I bought and I have a quick question.

Is it better/easier to remove the barrel clips and install them first or leave them on the badge and insert everything at once?

Also, I made a huge mistake. I bought 2 fenders from a junkyard that where different trim levels from mine. I didn't even think of it at the time of paint but the holes for the different trim levels don't match! Now I'll have to try to hide the other holes with the new badges while drilling new holes in the correct location.
1980 F100 Custom. Inline 6. Power steering. 3 on the Column.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Emblem Install Question

Bruce moose4x4
Put the barrel clips in the hole first. the pins on badge will spread them out a little to hold in the fender.
Bruce aka Moose--1978 F250 LWB Flareside, Dana 60's w/ 4:10's, 460, c6
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
To the original poster:

Could you put 2 sided tape or a good adhesive on one emblem so that it could be placed to be like the other one mounted with the barrel nuts and hopefully cover the holes at the same time?
Reply | Threaded
|

Powerman5K
I don't trust the 2 sided tape to hold them. They are metal and not solid on the back. Just the outline of the letters would touch the tape. They were also $40 each! Not willing to risk losing them at that price.
1980 F100 Custom. Inline 6. Power steering. 3 on the Column.