Duraspark II Distributor Connector

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Duraspark II Distributor Connector

salans7
Anybody have a spare DSII harness they've robbed connectors from, that still has a good distributor connector on it that they'd be willing to sell? They're not reproduced to my knowledge (unbelievable honestly) after looking through every pigtail catalog I could find including Motorcraft, and the MSD adapter harness is missing a lead so I don't think that's an option either. Mine has exposed copper and corrosion right at the connector, so I'll need to replace it someway somehow and would rather not shell out the money for the incomplete Painless harness. For reference, the connector is the one with the fins at the north and south ends.

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Duraspark II Distributor Connector

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Similar, but the fins need to be at the north and south end, not east and west like that connector. I suppose I could shave the fins, but that wouldn't be very secure.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator

Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

CliftonK
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Cheaper to buy it from here https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Ford-Wire-Harness-Conn-Electronic-Ignition-Module-p/a20841.htm

I'd use that one and trim it to fit the socket.  I think I found the correct one awhile back, but haven't seen it this round.
Tessa - 1982 F-100 - 300 6 with a mystery build, C6, new(to her) forged front end and not-so-stock emissions wearing a 1985 F-150 Texas Chainsaw style.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Good find Clifton.

Shaun - let me know if you want any part of that one before I throw it back in the 'harness' box.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Scott, I completely missed your post. Thank you for the generous offer, but I don't want you to have to cut apart that intact harness. As mentioned by Clifton, I think I will just buy the connector for the ignition module and just trim the fins down so it will work.

Interesting how your harness has a few less wires than mine, which engine is that for? Mine is for a 1984 460 so it has the Throttle Kicker and the Bowl Vent Solenoid wiring. Not sure what I'll do with that.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
You bet. I am not actually sure what it came from. I cut a few harnesses like this from the jy this past spring as I was making a modular adapter to add a relay into the circuit so needed a good male/female setup to reverse. So it was just going around finding connectors that looked good to dissect and find the best one when back home.

Sounds like you've got a good plan.
Scott