Dumping bed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dumping bed

Romel
Anybody ever seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-MDHZy-2R4  I would love to get it, I know they are not making those any more but if anyone knows of a used unit, please let me know.  I am located in Europe, so it would be imported. No I am not interested in heavy steel inserts, this one would suit my needs perfectly.

Thanks for any imput.

Jan
1986 XLT Lariat F250 6.9 IDI, supercab, sidewinder, psd intercooler, hydroboost
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dumping bed

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've never seen one, other than in adverts like that, but not in real life.  I wonder why they quit making them?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
I am thinking of welding something up similar to this, I will need it in the future, as I am going to build a new house.  I am tired of showeling everything out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That would be an awesome project!  Please share it with us.  Start a thread and update it as you go.  We'd LOVE to see what you do.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
I've never seen one, other than in adverts like that, but not in real life.  I wonder why they quit making them?
"NOTE - Standard Hamilton Company, Inc, the previous manufacturer of Dump-Pro has gone out of business due to the recession of 2008 and onward. If you had bought a Dump-Pro from Standard Hamilton and need technical support, Dump-Pro, LLC may be able to help you. "

Seems like this product has been gone for over a decade now. I could tell it was old by that advertisement.

Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
I know it was old, but I think it was also kind of unique as it was light, easily removable.  It would be nice to have it and when needed just to mount it to the bed.  I am thinking building something similar, but just out of aluminum or steel.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think it would be a very helpful addition to your truck if you are going to be building your own house.  But it'll be quite the project, and I'd love to see how you do it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
My fathers friend made a dump bed on a 88 F250. He turned the entire stock bed into a dump bed. Was a turbo charged 300 straight six. Wish he hadnt have sold it. He is a smart guy.

Anyway, I was thinking about a dump trailer. Anyone ever owned one?
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Spotted one of these at Harbor Freight with a purple "Open Box" sticker price of $28. Bought it on a whim. Guess I will install it soon.

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ray - That is interesting!  Let us know how it works, please.