Door window run weatherstrip

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Door window run weatherstrip

PetesPonies
I see it listed as upper door glass run. Isn't this run supposed to go down into the door as well?The track at the front and back of the glass, once rolled into the door, is sitting in a metal channel unless the rubber is there as well. This should be what keeps the glass from rattling when the window is down.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Door window run weatherstrip

PetesPonies
So it appears the window run includes the rear portion that goes into the door. I suppose the front part is part of the vent window assembly?
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
The window weather strip is like an upside down "U", so it takes care of the front, top and rear of the door glass. The vent window weather strip is separate.

See #7 on this link: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/search.aspx?searchTerms=weatherstrip
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I understand what it looks like. The question was about it going into the door, to the bottom of the window rear track.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I have had good luck coating the back of the rubber with dish washing soap and pulling it from the bottom, using pliers, while applying pressure on the top. A shot of silicone spray inside the groove allows it to slide around the glass. It take patience, but works!
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
OK, but you obviously are not understanding. Thanks OK.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Are you describing the anti-rattle strips?
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
The window sweeps, no. I am talking about the channel, that you are talking about. except I'm not talkingf about any difficulty in installation or such. I am just referring to where the rubber itself, was long enough on the back end, to go into the door where the rack goes. Roll the window down into the door, there is still track in there top guide the door. And there is channel run in there too. So I was wondering if it was all one piece. I assumed it was, but no pictures show it longer on the backside nor did they discuss it that way. But I have determined it must be.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I installed the channel run weatherstrip and the beltline weatherstrip on the outside ( inside is on teh new door panels ). The run does include the part that i sin the door. I was just wondering about that based on pictures I was seeing. But it is long enough. Everything went together well. I'm waiting on a new window regulator now and then I can close up the door.

Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looks great!  And it'll be very tight with the new rubber.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
In reply to this post by PetesPonies
I love following this build.  I also like that color more with each photo.
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I'm recovering the seats now as well. I need to spray a bit of orange inside, even though all or most will be covered by trim. At that point I can start assembling the interior.
Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco