Door hinge part name.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Door hinge part name.

Whisler
Does anyone know the "official" name of the device on the door hinge that holds the door in the open position. Both of mine on the '89 are broken and would like to replace while the doors are off for body work and paint. not even sure where to look in documentation.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Door hinge part name.

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The flat spring?
Mine have a rubber snubber behind them but I don't know if that's true of Bullnose.
All the hinges fit up through the '96 body change according to Myrl
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I believe it's called a check spring.
There is a repair spring (Dorman HELP! 38435) that gets held on by one of those 1/2" head bolts.

The spring by itself is not available through Ford.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Whisler
yes I believe it is the flat spring. I haven't seen it as my body man buddy just called and said I need them. Mine should be like yours as the truck body is '89.
Thanks.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002JMRY6/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Ford%7C54&Model=F-250%7C667&Year=1987%7C1987&ie=UTF8&vehicleId=4&vehicleType=automotive

HTH
 Jim,