Door Molding

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Door Molding

eheath
Hello all, I have the 86 f150 and I need the molding strip for the drivers door. I belive it was only offered in 85 & 86. I've heard there are not any after market. I thought maybe someone might have one if not I will start hitting the junkyards.  thanks Ed
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Door Molding

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You need to tell us a bit more as there were several different ones.  A picture would help a lot.  And, take a gander at this page Exterior/Exterior Trim & Moulding and then pick the tab for the type of trim you have (Upper, Lower, Wheelwell, etc) and the type of pickup (Regular, Supercab, etc.).

You'll see that there were several types, and several sizes depending on the cab you have.  So, if you can work through that and/or give us a picture then we may be able to help you.  (I just offered a piece to Hardy in Germany, so that one is out but I have some others.)
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

eheath
thanks, i'll have to get a pic from the pass door. it's the pice near the bottom of the door.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary,

I performed my first mod action here, I moved this thread out of the "newbies introduce yourself here" thread (subforum) to an independent thread at the top level - to keep questions like this from cluttering up the "Hi, my name is Joe, nice to meet ya" area.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good job. Thanks.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI