Diesel to Gas compatibility crossover

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Diesel to Gas compatibility crossover

wyldbyll54
Hey everyone, I have a chance to get ahold of a parts truck... My truck is a 1985 F250 supercab 4x4 with 460 and t19 trans, the parts truck is a 1986 F250 supercab 2wd with 6.9 non turbo and an automatic...

My question is what parts other than body and interior are compatible and or improvement/upgrade for my 460 truck...(ex. Radiator, brake booster, AC parts, etc...)

Just looking for a decent list of stuff I could salvage to justify the purchase to the old lady

Thanks
1985 F250 Supercab
XLT Lariat Explorer
4x4 LB 460ci 4spd
118k original
Silver on Blue
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Diesel to Gas compatibility crossover

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The easiest way to ascertain those answers is to check out the Interchange pages, such as Interchange/Brake Interchange on the menu above.  And there, for instance, you'll see that 1984 through '86 boosters interchange for all F250's over 8500 GVW.  And since both yours should be over 8500 GVW you'll see that the boosters will interchange.

Anyway, you can do that with several other things in the Interchange pages.  But you can then go to the Cooling System/Radiator or Cooling System/Radiator Support pages, but I will save you time there - they don't interchange.  However, the diesel radiator supports are in short supply, so....

Beyond that, it is easier to say what won't interchange.  Here's my understanding:

Transmissions: The bolt pattern is different

Engine wiring: This is the harness that plugs into the main harness.  But all of the harnesses are probably the same - although the fuel system wiring may be different.  Hmmmm....

Emissions stuff

Exhaust pipes

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Diesel to Gas compatibility crossover

wyldbyll54
Thanks will check it out!
1985 F250 Supercab
XLT Lariat Explorer
4x4 LB 460ci 4spd
118k original
Silver on Blue