Did you receive my mail from earlier today?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Did you receive my mail from earlier today?

Jochen1964

Hi Gary,
Just to check: I sent you an email earlier via the email function of the bullnose forum. Did you receive my question?
Reason for checking is that I contacted two members also via the email function but didn‘t get a response yet and also didn‘t get a copy to my mail account although I ticked that box.
Otherwise I hope everything is well with you across the ocean.

Take care
Jochen
Mein Laster: 1986 Ford F150 XL, 4WD, sgl cab, short bed, 302 EFI
Meine Katze: KTM 890 SMT
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Did you receive my mail from earlier today?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jochen - No, I didn't get an email from you.  Sorry.

Just email me directly at janeyandgary@gmail.com.  I'd be happy to hear from you.

Things are fine here.  How's western Germany?  You recently had quite a storm, right?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Jochen1964
Ok, have sent the mail directly. Thx Jochen
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jochen - I got the email, but I'd prefer to answer your questions on here for two reasons.  First, I don't think I know all the answers so need help from the others.  Second, by answering them here others can benefit.

Ok, you asked:

Need some direction or help. I am after a drawing or photo showing the front of the Windsor 302 with all additional elements, eg alternator, power steering, AC compressor and the water pump. This should help us to re-assemble the jigsaw after we have renewed the water pump. For sure we will find out but that should speed up things significantly I guess. I searched the forum docs and find all individuals elements but not a big picture. Can you help?

Sorry forgot, a drawing from the water pump bolts, if available, would also be great.

I don't see anything on the website that shows the alternator, P/S pump, and A/C compressor collectively.  But I do see bits and pieces, so let me see if I can put something together.    

Meanwhile, if someone else knows or has them?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, I've found some illustrations in the master parts catalog and zoomed in and erased some extraneous things to get these.

Here's the power steering pump"

A/C Compressor as well as the power steering pump again:

And here's the water pump, and here are the fasteners that are shown:

5/16"-18 x 1-1/2" G5 56124-S2

383765-S Bolt - Hex Hd. 5/16-18x3.625

5/16"-24 x 5" G5 300958-S

HOWEVER, the MPC shows this for bolts for the 302's water pump.  

Last, I have this pic from one of my threads on FTE of how it all goes together.  (Boy it chaps me that they won't let me copy the url and post the pic!  )

Reply | Threaded
|

Jochen1964
Awesome Gary. Thank you so much. This is just the ticket to help us on the assembly. Will keep you posted on how things proceed. Thanks again. Vielen lieben Dank . Jochen
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome.  I remember how confusing it was for me trying to put the front dress on that 351W.  They couldn't have made it harder had they tried.  So I understand your need.  Happy to help.

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Gary Lewis wrote
Welcome.  I remember how confusing it was for me trying to put the front dress on that 351W.  They couldn't have made it harder had they tried.  So I understand your need.  Happy to help.
BTW the 390 / 428 full dress motors were no fun doing water pumps on either  
Mom / dad had a 68 wagon with one in it they used to pull the travel trailer and I had to do the WP on took 2 days to do. I told them never again!
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I remember in '65 hanging out at a station.  One afternoon folks came in with a Ford wagon with a water pump leaking.  The guy at the station set about changing it out and it took all evening.  Just about the time he was done he discovered he'd left the backing plate off.  I left about then.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Jochen1964
I can confirm that it takes 2 days or 6 to 8 hours. We put the new waterpump in today and, thanks to the supporting drawings and picture, were able to put everything together. So far it looks like we have been successful in accomplishing the task at hand but with these old boys you are never on the safe side, tomorrow I might find the next challenge. Anyway, thanks for your support Gary, appreciated. Best regards from Western Germany. Jochen
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sure glad you got it together, Jochen.    I'm sure it'll be just right.

And, you are welcome.