Daily Rebuild

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
66 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Daily Rebuild

blackdog
Yeah my bad, something did melt but not case or balls.
86 5.0 AOD 2WD flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

blackdog
Gotta double-check the length of the output shaft, but will be ordering OTC 1130 and OTC 934 puller assembly plus shaft protectors this weekend. If you want it done right gotta do it yourself. One more month of Sundays and i'll have the trans ready. Then its just engine and harness rebuilds for this year. And putting it all together. And troubleshooting. Then some more troubleshooting.
86 5.0 AOD 2WD flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
blackdog wrote
Gotta double-check the length of the output shaft, but will be ordering OTC 1130 and OTC 934 puller assembly plus shaft protectors this weekend. If you want it done right gotta do it yourself. One more month of Sundays and i'll have the trans ready. Then its just engine and harness rebuilds for this year. And putting it all together. And troubleshooting. Then some more troubleshooting.
Sometimes we are forced to do things ourselves huh? Finding competent people is one thing....sometimes finding people at all is a problem...lol.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

blackdog
pulled the AOD today, and put the exhaust by the curb. I probably could've reused the catalytic converter, but i have nowhere to put it. Has anyone put shorty headers and dual rear-exit exhaust while leaving spare tire carrier as is? time to start diagramming underhood but I can't help thinking ahead.
86 5.0 AOD 2WD flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

blackdog
the headers I look at dont fit injection heads... are all heads for a 5.0 injection heads since they have EFI?
86 5.0 AOD 2WD flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've seen dual exhausts with the spare and aux tank in place, so it can be done with factory manifolds.  But long-tube headers move the starting point of the exhaust system back quite a ways, and that might make it difficult.

As for the heads, I don't think Ford had "fuel injection" heads for the 302.  They did for the 460, and they were so different that the intakes and exhausts from a carb'd engine won't bolt up.  But I hadn't heard that there were any FI heads for the 302/5.0L.  Did I miss something?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI