Crankshaft Replacement on 1983 Ford 302 F150

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Crankshaft Replacement on 1983 Ford 302 F150

mikemcmahon
Rebuilding the engine and measured the crankshaft to  main bearing clearance was  .003 ( the engine spec manual calls for .0005 to .0015 main bearing clearance) The crankshaft is marked 2MAE .  Ordered a remanufactured and they sent a E7AE-AA.  which is not actually the same crankshaft.  Is this going to be a problem?  The harmonic Balancer is a E1TE-B4A.  Will the rebuilt crankshaft work with the harmonic balancer?  Will the E7AE-AA  work in the engine with the existing crank arms with the supplied bearings with the crankshaft....The main bearings for the remfg crank are .020 bearings and .010 rod bearings.  Assume they machined down the crankshaft and bearings to match.

Any help is greatly appreciated since this is my first rebuild..
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Crankshaft Replacement on 1983 Ford 302 F150

mat in tn
hold up. what year block do you have? does the block / crank use a two piece or one piece rear seal? earlier crankshafts had a two piece and an integral oil slinger built onto it where the later had the one piece and no slinger. these two are not interchangeable. look over the crank very well and look fore any other cast numbers.
Reply | Threaded
|

mikemcmahon
This post was updated on .
The block had a 1 piece seal in it...This is a 1983 F150 which should have a 1 piece seal..  Measuring the clearance between main bearings and crankshaft had .003 using plastigage....Saw the spec is .0005 to .0015.

If i use oversize bearings, can get it down to .002,  I assume that is still too much clearance.  Please advise..
Reply | Threaded
|

mikemcmahon
Block number is EOAED3C