Corey White's 1984 F150 Flareside

Posted by Machspeed Machspeed
Options

I searched for one of these trucks for about a year and finally purchased this one in 2017. After a year without luck, I placed a wanted ad online and within a couple days I received a call from a guy about 250 miles away. The truck was a one-owner with only 57,000 kms on it (about 35k miles). It ran and drove OK, but was pretty rusty. Needed both front fenders, cab corners, driver's side door, and much of the bed replaced. The interior was in really nice original condition, which was a big selling feature for me. The truck originally had a 3-on-the-tree manual shift, but I swapped in the 5spd not long after I bought it. Took me two years to "finish" it...and I say that in quotations because it's still not really finished. I plan to add AC, cruise, and a few other odds and ends.

Engine is a 302 V8, dyno tuned to 300HP and 335 torque. Engine is Holley equipped with Edlebrock intake, Comp Cam, BBK headers and dual exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. Transmission is M5OD 5spd from a 1991 F-series.