Core support

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Core support

Scottlogger
Ok here goes I have a 86 bullnose previously the old owner put a 460 in it and a 87-89 front clip it looks ok but I like the 80-86 style I am in process of changing it back to 86 what I am asking is the 87-89 core support the same and do I have to change it thanks for adding me
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Core support

mat in tn
I believe you will find that the headlights mount differently as the core support is actually the base mount for the headlight adjustable bases. the headlight "door is also different for the grille fitment and even the bumper area.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Scottlogger
The core supports are quite different between body styles so you will need a bullnose one. Also, 1980-1984 gas engine trucks used one type, and 1985-1986 gas trucks used a different type (diesels were different also). The difference in the two gas engine core supports was how the radiator mounted, so consider which radiator you have and want to mount before buying the core support. Welcome to the group!
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Scottlogger
Ok cool I have the complete 86 truck with all the parts was just hoping to get away with it lol thanks for the information