Coil Springs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Coil Springs

fords4life
Anyone replaced the coils on their 2wd bullnose?  Any recommendations for brand?
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Coil Springs

PetesPonies
I didn't replace mine on the truck, but always like to use Eaton springs.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I second Eaton.  I haven't purchased springs from them, but I have purchased the spring "liner" that keeps the leaf springs apart.  They didn't have it in stock but ordered it in and sold me what I needed.

In addition, they discussed with me the problems with my plan of powder coating springs - the temp goes too high for the temper of the spring.  So they recommended painting them, which I'm doing.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
Interesting.  The Eaton springs are $190 and the Moog's are $68.  Wonder if they are really worth 3x the price?
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.