classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Change To Forum: Formatting Button

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I changed the button that was marked "H2" to "Formatting" - 'cause that's what it is.  And, I replaced the button descriptions within that were H2, H3, etc with something that is hopefully more descriptive.  Plus, I added verbiage to tell the potential user where to type their text.

So, please have a play with that and let me know if it makes sense to you.  I find the Indent and Bullet formatting to be very helpful, so wanted you to know what they do and how to use them.  Please give them a try.

I might be able to make it a bit more explanitory, but will have to learn more formatting code to make the box bigger so's I can get more words in if we need them.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Change To Forum: Formatting Button

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Actually, I've changed it again.  Now the first two buttons are Ordered List and List Item.  But if you used the H2 or H3 buttons before and want them back I'll restore them.

The Ordered List button creates start and stop code for an ordered list, meaning a list containing items numbered 1 through N.  And the List Item button creates the start and stop code for a single numbered item.  Tomorrow I'll create a guide on how to use the buttons, but you can see how it works in the Fancy Schmancy Formatting Thread.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This is intended to show how to use the new "Formatting" buttons to make fancy posts.

But, since I cannot put the code required to do this into a post and you see the results, I'll take a screen shot and post that below the results.

So, to start with there are two types of buttons in the Formatting family:
  1. Those that require the post to be in "Message is in HTML Format" mode. To use these you must tick the "Message is in HTML Format" box.
    1. Ordered List: You click this button to get the start/stop combo of "ol" and "/ol" that tell the computer we are doing an ordered list. And then all of the "list items" go between the ol and /ol.
    2. List Item: Clicking this button gets you the "li" and "/li" pair that indicate the start and stop of an ordered list item. Put your text between the li and /li code.
    3. Line Feed: When in HTML format mode a carriage return doesn't give a line feed. So click the Line Feed button to get the "p" and "/P" codes that tell the computer to insert a blank line.

2. Those that do not require the message to be in HTML format mode
    1. Indent: Clicking this button gives you the start/stop H5 codes which allow you to indent a word or paragraph, and you put your text between the ">" and the "<".
    2. Bullet: This button does the same as Indent, but gives a bullet ahead of your text
And here's the code that generated what is above:

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So, you didn't put a bullet in front of the line saying "Bullet"???    

I'm going to have to find my Bluetooth keyboard to deal with all this.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I thought about just putting a bullet on the button, but decided that might be too minimalistic. Anyway, give it a try and see what you think. Any of it can be changed.