Centric Vs. Motorcraft Reman Calipers

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Centric Vs. Motorcraft Reman Calipers

fords4life
Looking at replacing the calipers on my 1986 F150. Haven't found many sources of feedback on the Centric reman calipers. The Centric's are half the price of the Motorcrafts, but wondering if anyone has any real experience with them? I don't mind spending the money on the Motorcrafts, but I don't want to throw away money either. I am open to other brands as well, but those are the two that I've looked at most. I have read a bunch of not so good reviews on the Napa remans. Any thoughts? I'll be install new calipers, rotors, pads, wheel cylinders, shoes, and rums. Sticking with Motorcraft pads and shoes because I've always had good luck with them. Looking at Centric drums in the rear and haven't made up my mind on rotors yet.
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Centric Vs. Motorcraft Reman Calipers

myrl883
So far, I've not seen any problems with Centric brake parts, even though their new parts are all imported.

Ford will give you a two year unlimited mileage warranty, I don't know about Centric.

If Motorcraft offers super duty pads (SD suffix on part number), I recommend them as they don't fade or dust the wheels.

Just my $0.02.
Ford Parts Monkey since 1985
1981 F100 Flareside - Black, 302-4V Roller/AOD
1986 F150 Flareside - Medium Fire Red 302/AOD
1989 F150 Standard Cab 4x4 - Dk Shadow Blue 302/AOD
1993 F350 4x4 Crew Cab - 7.3 IDI/ZF-5
I think it's a sickness...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Centric Vs. Motorcraft Reman Calipers

fords4life
Well I ended up going Motorcraft on the calipers.  Found 1 for the left side on Amazon for less than $30 with no core charge.  

I picked up regular Motorcraft pads already. My past experiences with super duty rated pads have always ended with glazing and poor performance unless towing heavy and getting the brakes hot regularly.
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.