classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Camping Options

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We went out to look at campgrounds today.  Here's a map showing the options in the area, and we visted two - Stoney Ridge, circled in yellow, and Tall Chief, circled in green.  Stoney Ridge is 3 miles/5 minutes from the site of the show, and Tall Chief is 9 miles/14 minutes from the show.

Our first stop was Stoney Ridge Campground.  Unfortunately we weren't all that impressed as there are several RV's that look to be there permanently.  And the camp sites are close together.  However, it would be acceptable for us as it is close to the show.  Here's a shot from there:

Then we went on to Tall Chief Cove.  But, it wasn't open yet for the year, so we didn't get pictures.  However, this link has pictures.  In any event, we've been out there before and think it is a bit more representative of the Oklahoma countryside.  However, I don't think we can reserve camp sites at a US Army Corps of Engineers site.  But, you can book through their website.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Camping Options

NotEnoughTrucks
Well, the plan has far from gelled yet. September still is within my harvest season and weather conditions play a big part in how my summer goes, but an Oklahoma trip would be a great way to finish out the summer. My wife has friends in Tulsa she would like to visit as well.

Looks like there is some nice camping around Skiatook Lake, but we have camped in Walmart parking lots as well. I have a converted bus based on an E350, so that would be our likely transportation, but a road trip in one of my bullnoses would also be welcome.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Camping Options

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Hopefully it is still cold enough up there for things to gell, and quickly.  

Would love to have you come!  There is a lot of good camping at the lake, and it is a beautiful lake.

As for the transportation mode, either works.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI