Camper Special, did Ford offer it in 84?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Camper Special, did Ford offer it in 84?

Starliner
I'm thinking my F250 HD is the closest thing to a Camper Special Ford offered in 84 unless I'm wrong.
Mina as a HD has beefier springs, radiator, brakes, stabilizers, and has a trans cooler.
Also, because it is rated over 8500 lbs it has no catalytic converter and for anti smog it only has the pump, diverter valve, and egr, (all of which I have bypassed).
JOE
1984 F250 HD 2wd auto w/air,
351W, 2bbl, Dana 60 3.73, no EEC
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Camper Special, did Ford offer it in 84?

kramttocs
Administrator
I believe by that time they had stopped doing the badges but did have packages that would essentially get you the same equipment.

Check this out: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/f-series.html and you'll see there is TRAILER TOWING/CAMPER PACKAGE (535) on page 34.

We have an 82 F250 that has most of that package - dual batteries, trailer wiring, small trans cooler, sway bars, etc but it's just badged as an XLT.
My 86 F250 came with the trailer wiring, large trans cooler, engine oil cooler, and sway bars but it is an XLT Lariat.

So it's very likely that someone would have the same equipment that earlier gen Camper Special trucks would have but it was no longer called a 'Camper Special'.

Do you have the Marti report for your truck? It should show those packages along with a lot of other neat facts.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Camper Special, did Ford offer it in 84?

Starliner
I ha e not done a Marti on her but I should look into that.
Great suggestion.
Thanks.
JOE
1984 F250 HD 2wd auto w/air,
351W, 2bbl, Dana 60 3.73, no EEC