classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CEL Presence

Dyn Blin
This post was updated on .
Weather permitting, I'll be under the dash this weekend cleaning up some prior owner wiring "projects" and installing a intermittent wiper switch I picked up, along with being under the hood for the fast idle flummox.  While I'm in there  I'll be looking for the infernal inferred mileage sensor that shows up in my EVTM and report back.

EDIT:  In looking at my EVTM, the IMS has a detail note that matches Gary's info limiting these to 5.0L CA engines only.  It may  still be there since my VIN indicates it come off the line with that engine.

From the EVTM, it appears powered by the EEC relay, but may be easier to track back from the battery's dedicated negative terminal wire.
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Mark/Dyn Blin emailed me with some links to information about the inferred mileage module as well as the emissions maintenance warning module.  And, one of those links led to TSB 89-22-08 EMW/IMS Applications, which is now included on the page TSB's/Emissions Maintenance Warning Module.  Have a look and see what its info does to/for this discussion.  

Thanks, Mark!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
My pleasure,

IT would seen to put an (unsatisfactory) end to the question of when the IMS started to make the "EMISSIONS" lamp engage...

It never did...
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150