CARPET!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CARPET!

Fordboy300
Hey fellas,  today I just recieved my carpet for Big Red from stockinteriors.com.  I'm finally gonna replace the old ripped vinyl mat with new carpet.  

I looked at it today from the box and it looks like good stuff I love it.   I havent removed it from the box yet I'm gonna wait until it warms up a bit.  I would assume if it's a little warmer it be easier to work with.   Knowing me I'll probably try to install it sooner then later.

Has anyone order anything from stockinteriors.com also any pointers for me this would be the first time I do anything like this.  I would like to install dynamat as well.
"Big Red" 1986 Ford F150 XL

Ford 300 i6 4.9L  .20 over bore(303 cubic inches now), p&p head, Crower 19212 cam, crower lifter spring kit, cloyes timing gears, EFI manifolds, Offenhauser C-series, Edelbrock 500cfm, DUI Ignition Dizzy, dual in single out magnaflow exhaust dumped before the rear axle.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: CARPET!

Ford F834
Administrator
I’ve heard good things about stock interiors com. Let us know how it turns out! And that would certainly be the time to add dynomat or similar material. 👍
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Ford F834 wrote
I’ve heard good things about stock interiors com. Let us know how it turns out! And that would certainly be the time to add dynomat or similar material. 👍
+1 to this

I added 80mil killmat (which is just another version of dyno mat, its all foil backed butyl) in the places where my other stuff didnt cover. That other stuff being the EVA mat by ACC. If I were to do it again I would just probably dynomat the entire thing. The eva stuff thicker but harder to use. Then I covered the whole floor with the jute and foil insulating pad, then the carpet.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Fordboy300
In reply to this post by Fordboy300
Thanks guys I'll be sure to take before and after pictures!   When I attack this project.  Really excited this is something I've been wanting to do for a while and I'll finally get to hide my speaker wires that I have going to the rear speakers.
"Big Red" 1986 Ford F150 XL

Ford 300 i6 4.9L  .20 over bore(303 cubic inches now), p&p head, Crower 19212 cam, crower lifter spring kit, cloyes timing gears, EFI manifolds, Offenhauser C-series, Edelbrock 500cfm, DUI Ignition Dizzy, dual in single out magnaflow exhaust dumped before the rear axle.