CA Smog Cert Point of Reference

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CA Smog Cert Point of Reference

Dyn Blin
Good afternoon all.  In case there are other CA Bullnose Riders out there residing in zip codes that require bi-annual emissions testing, here's my latest smog test report for some data points for ideas of where our individual performances may fall over the bell curve.  I posted my prior from 2017 a few months back.

In California, our era of trucks are labeled as potential "gross polluters" and we have to have our tests done at a select subset of state-endorsed providers.  My latest test closely trails the last one, done 2 years and approximately 15k miles ago.  Although the state resource board indicates the benchmarks are regularly adjusted to accommodate the age of a tested vehicle, the tolerances were unchanged from my prior test.

When I purchased my truck, all the emissions items had been deleted by the prior owner, so I had to source and rebuild the components.  The group input here was a big help.  Thank you.

Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: CA Smog Cert Point of Reference

85lebaront2
Administrator
Looks good! Proof that properly maintained these trucks will even pass California's draconian regulations.

Damn glad we don't have that here!
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: CA Smog Cert Point of Reference

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dyn Blin
Sure glad you passed.  Well done!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI