11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"Business Card"

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I'm wanting to create a "business card" to hand out at the show.  Yes, I know there's no "business", but I have gotten tired of writing down the URL on scraps of paper for people.  So, I've played with a design and come up with what's below, although this is just a concept so don't get hung up on font or colors, or....

I've toyed with changing the wording to something like "World's only website dedicated to documenting and discussing the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks", but worry that it isn't the only one.  However, would someone else be silly enough to create one?  

I don't have my name on it and probably should, although this isn't about me.  But, you tell me what you think about the layout, please.

Oh, and I'll move all of these threads about the show, business cards, et al off to another area after we get some discussion going and come to a conclusion.  I just need your help ASAP now.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: "Business Card"

ctubutis
Go to cafepress.com, all sorts of things available there. Not free, but available.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, if you are worried about staking a false claim about being the only dedicated bullnose website out there, or whether you can prove that you are the best one (if there are others), you could always opt for declaring an intent or commitment. Something like:

BULLNOSE FORUM
Dedicated to being the world's best documentation website and discussion community for 1980-1986 Ford trucks

...or similar phrase if that is too wordy. Not that I think people will cry false advertising on you, but the fact that you are thinking about it means that you are concerned about perception and credibility. And speaking of credibility, adding your name will do just that. Anyone who knows who you are will be that much more inclined to check out the website.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
A Card is a great idea, and No, I don't think you need you name on it.
It's purpose is to lead others to the forum.
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chris - I'll take a look. Thanks.

Jonathan - I love the wording!  I'm going to use that on both the card and the top of the web site. Thanks!!

Ron - Thanks!  I think I'm really going to like having a card. Way too many times I've had to tell people or scribble it down, and this would be so much easier.

Thanks, guys!!!

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
If you decide not to include your name, one could find out about you by visiting the forum and using the "about me and contact me".
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
True. But a business card without a name seems strange. So I'm leaning to including name and email address.

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Sure, go for it! Might even use fancy colors & printing if it's not real expensive. :)

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]>
To: ctubutis <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: "Business Card"

True. But a business card without a name seems strange. So I'm leaning to including name and email address.
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/Business-Card-tp901p951.html
To unsubscribe from "Business Card", click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The business card has been farmed out to the lady that created the flyer.  But the file I gave her is shown below.  She's been tasked with giving it an artistic touch, and can add color if she wants.  We shall see.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
That looks nice, maybe more color, maybe not, it depends.

It takes a skill I don't have to do artsy stuff like that, I have - zero - imagination & skills in that area.

It sounds like you're doing what fordification.com is doing, limiting themselves to a very specific year range. OK, that's cool, that'll work. :)

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]>
To: ctubutis <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: "Business Card"

The business card has been farmed out to the lady that created the flyer.  But the file I gave her is shown below.  She's been tasked with giving it an artistic touch, and can add color if she wants.  We shall see.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/Business-Card-tp901p1039.html
To unsubscribe from "Business Card", click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Here's what I got back from the lady.  It has been sent to the printer's for a proof print.