classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bushing Part Number Help

kramttocs
Administrator
Looking to replace as many bushings as possible while my c6 and bw1345 are out.

Any help I can get is appreciated.

There is a 3 hole bracket that bolts to the bellhousing. 2 holes for the bolts and 1 hole for a bushing that the pivot rod (connects to the frame on the other end) goes into. This is all for the c6 gear selection. The bushing looks like the FO-405 one that is used elsewhere but it's bigger. There is an 'A 11' on the bushing.

Will go look at the universal kits tonight but was hoping it could be obtained in a more specific manner.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bushing Part Number Help

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think I know what you are talking about, but cannot find it in the catalog.  Can you take a pic and post it so I'm sure I know?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
You bet.
The bracket itself has E0TA-7C431-AB on it.
I have it out in the sun now to try and soften it a little so I (hopefully) don't ruin it removing it in case I can't find a suitable replacement.

Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
That would be really nice if that kit was it. Unfortunately, and my picture doesn't show it well at all but the piece needed is very similar to the clear/yellow bushing in that kit. Same design but a bigger od/id. It also doesn't look to have quite as long of a 'tip' on it as the clear linkage bushing but that really shouldn't matter as the rod doesn't have a ridge or anything that it has to slip behind (like the linkage rods do).

Swung by the auto store and their universal kit didn't have anything big enough. Called the dealership and they showed the bracket but not the bushing by itself.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Heated it up a little with the heat gun and was able to get it out without tearing it up.

ID of hole in bracket: 15.2mm

OD of groove in bushing: 15.0mm (so .2mm of play)

ID of hole in bushing: (roughly) 13mm on either end with a reduction in the center of around 11.3

Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That 7C431 let me find it in the illustrations, as shown below.  And then the "7341" in the illustration led me to D5AZ 7341-A in the C6 section.

So I did a search for that and found some hits.  However some, like NPD's, are closed and don't look to be the right one.  But this one on ebay looks to be the right one.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
That diagram is helpful. Those at the ebay link look like they have a ridge on the inside (to snap into the rod groove) which means they will likely be the smaller size. While the bracket was in the oven last night I did a lot of image searching and came up empty so finally admitted defeat and installed the old bushing/grommet back in it.

May have to pull a couple brackets at the jy to throw in a box for spares :)
Scott