Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bullnose Project - Gardner Edgerton High School

Rembrant
Nice Bullnose story if you haven't seen it already;)>

https://lmctrucklife.com/2019/07/1984-ford-f150-gardner-edgerton-high-school/

Truck is from Oklahoma Gary!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bullnose Project - Gardner Edgerton High School

salans7
It's sad to know that truck will never see the open road. But at least it wasn't sent to the crusher.

We had all early 90's GM vehicles in my high school shop class, one of which fell from the back of a truck and had taillights that touched the rear window. Only thing we ever did with them was watch our "instructor" point at things. It was a terrible class and I left as a senior knowing only a little more than I did as a freshman, and I knew quite a bit going in. I can't speak for everyone else's shop experience, but due to mine I would have been fine if they shut auto shop down and used the funding towards the Agriculture department, which was a much more rewarding experience for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Cool story!  That school appears to be in the Kansas City area.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Neat. Thanks for sharing!
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I went to a State Tech high school to learn the auto trade and you only got out what you were willing to put in as the teachers were not there to baby sit.
If you were willing to learn and do work they would teach you.
I would say there were only 5 or 6 of us that would do work and really only 3 that did all the time.
As they say wish I put in more to learning than I did.

We had a Suburban that was given to the school but in the 4 years I was there only seen it 3 or 4 times.
We learned on cars customers would bring in for repair.
How many get to do a valve job on a Packard the whole job not just pull the heads and send out or do a v6 or was it an v8 into a 63 Jeep, teachers jeep.
We had a fork lift we got running that had not for years.
Even helped the teacher rebuild a TF727 for his wagon.

I already knew how to do body work and helped teach others how to do it on their cars as the school did not have a body shop at that time.

If the kids can learn how to test for issues on the older cars & trucks with out computers I think it will help them when they start working on the newer computer stuff and don't have a computer.
I think now days they don't know how everything is to work with out a computer to tell them, it's sad.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100