classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bullnose Centurion Ads

4eyes
This post was updated on .
Thought I'd share these Dealer flyers regarding the Centurion offerings for our trucks. Bullnoses' signified many firsts for Ford trucks, computer aided wind tunnel design, diesel power and a shift from utility to daily use comfort.

SCAN0016.PDF

SCAN0017.PDF

As the ad states, the conversions offered by companies like Centurion-Lehman introduced luxury into a whole new realm, the full size truck market. It's cool to think how important our trucks were to revolutionizing society's opinion of pick-ups.

Heck, who wouldn't love to cruise the highway in a "Cowboy's Lincoln?"

1985 F-350 DRW Centurion 4x4 conversion. (Project Showboat)
Boone County, Kentucky
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bullnose Centurion Ads

4eyes
Gary, feel free to add these pages to the literature section if you want.

Chris
Boone County, Kentucky
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chris - You beat me to it.  Do you know whether that's an '85 or '86 ad?  I just need to know what page to put it on.

Thanks!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by 4eyes
Hey! These are neat, thanks for sharing. I was just looking at a ‘85 crew cab Centurion at a local salvage yard... still running and for sale for $1200. I was actually just fishing around for a running 6.9L drop-in engine as a possible way to get my project truck moved across the state and that’s what he had. Tempting, but I need another truck like a hole in the head. And no need for 2wd dually. Was probably quite nice in its day though...

SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

4eyes
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary, I believe they were used for both years. Maybe add a "Miscellaneous Literature" section?

I keep working to track down more info on these trucks. I'll share anything I find with you moving forward.

Chris
Boone County, Kentucky
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Ford F834 wrote
I was just looking at a ‘85 crew cab Centurion at a local salvage yard... still running and for sale for $1200. ... Tempting, but I need another truck like a hole in the head. And no need for 2wd dually.
Where?  Pics?  Phone # ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 4eyes
Chris - We now have, at your suggestion, a Literature/<a href="http://">Miscellaneous page, which then links to the Centurion page.

I did the brochures one above the other, but could do them in tabs.  While we only have two perhaps it works this way, but it'll be easy to add the tabs later.  Or now if you think it would be better.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Steve83
Other than cab and chassis builds that some of the customizers put older beds on (different track width) there were no 4WD duallies in 1985-86.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That blue one in the brochure looks to be 4wd.  So Centurion was doing 4wd conversions to the dually trucks?  Or dually conversions to 4wd trucks?

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Steve83
Steve83 wrote
Ford F834 wrote
I was just looking at a ‘85 crew cab Centurion at a local salvage yard... still running and for sale for $1200. ... Tempting, but I need another truck like a hole in the head. And no need for 2wd dually.
Where?  Pics?  Phone # ?
The truck isn’t much to look at, it has a bricknose dually bed, a little rough on the exterior, and the fancy seats are gone, regular bench thrown in the front. It’s only 2wd. I can take more pics next time I’m by there...

Edit: if anyone is actually interested this isn’t far from my house, I can work with the guy and store it. He said the engine runs well but the C6 has to be manually shifted because the vacuum pump is out. Take that for what it is. Imo it’s priced accordingly

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

4eyes
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There's continued debate on whether they began with cab and chassis or converted SRW models. Mine has the Ford 4-wheel drive instructions sticker, so I believe mine was converted from SRW to DRW by Centurion.

Also, the claim of no 4WD dually's in 85-86 is incorrect. Both these brochures have pictures of the locking hubs of the 4 wheel drive system on DRW trucks. It was very expensive, which kept the number of conversions low. That's why when I found this one, I bought it and drug it across the country!

I saw a dealership Centurion order form years ago. I'm hoping to track a copy down which can put the debate to rest for good.

I'll share all the info I collect with the group!

Enjoy the holiday everyone!

Chris
Boone County, Kentucky
Reply | Threaded
|

4eyes
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Thanks for pics F834! Looks pretty rough. I didn't see any pics showing front fenders. I'm looking for the Centurion front fender flares like this:

Do you remember if that truck has a pair?

Thanks for all your help with this!

Chris
Boone County, Kentucky
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Hi Chris,

I don’t believe this particular truck has them but I will go take some exterior pics when I get the chance. There isn’t too much remarkable about it except the wooden overhead console, some exterior grab handles and the Centurion door sticker. The junkyard truck that I got my rear seat from at the pick n pull may have had fender flares, but it was a bricknose. If you are looking for a set I will keep my eyes open for you.

Reply | Threaded
|

4eyes
Thanks F834, don't worry about getting exterior pics. But yes, please keep your eyes peeled for a pair of flares.

Also, I have several resources for parts. Our interior plastics don't deteriorate as rapidly as out west. Feel free to ask for help locating anything for your projects.
Boone County, Kentucky
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
4eyes wrote
Thanks F834, don't worry about getting exterior pics. But yes, please keep your eyes peeled for a pair of flares.

Also, I have several resources for parts. Our interior plastics don't deteriorate as rapidly as out west. Feel free to ask for help locating anything for your projects.
Thank-you! That is a very kind offer. Trucks don’t rust out here but the UV belt isn’t very kind to plastics. I think I have what I need, but I will keep it in mind. Thanks.