Bull nose right original fender

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bull nose right original fender

Romel
Hi, I am in need of a right bull nose fender, the one I have is damaged and it was not the original fitment was quite bad. I have some parts ready to be shipped from LA, California to Europe, anyone arount to help me out? Thank you very much.
1986 XLT Lariat F250 6.9 IDI, supercab, sidewinder, psd intercooler, hydroboost
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bull nose right original fender

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jan - There were minor differences over the years in where the trim attached as well as due to the level of trim.  Your signature doesn't say what year, so maybe you could tell us the year?  And, how 'bout a pic of where the trim goes?  If there are multiple fenders available you ought to have the right one.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Gary, my favorite junkyard, Pete's might have one, once we get what he needs I can ask Donnie.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I'm sure he'd be happy with any fender, but since Ford moved the placement of the upper trim, if he has it, in '85 IIRC, he might as well have the right one.  Plus, some fenders had wheelwell trim 2" above the wheelwell, and if he doesn't have that he won't want the holes/studs there.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Romel

Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
I am sorry, I am all over these days, just had a small fire in my house last night. Damn heating blanket cought fire on me while sleeping.  I am fine, but what a surprise. I am selling my house, moving to a house I inherited after my father, sick with vertebrae discs, barely walking,just my usual mess.  This is the picture when I bought the truck in the US, Longview, Washington. The doors are damaged as well, somebody must have backed up with open door, I bought it that way.  I can repair the doors, but the fender was changed somewhere in the past and does not line up the contours well. I would like to change it if I source the original one, I was dumb not to import one with the truck.
Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Romel
Sorry to see about the fire.  I'll bet that was quite a shock.  Glad you are ok.  And good luck on selling the house.

So you have the later (85/86) style with the high wheel well opening trim.  Let's see what we can do, guys!

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Ok, Gary, so he needs a 1985/86 fender? Will a plain Jane earlier one (no trim holes) work? That way I know what to ask for.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, a plain Jane earlier one will work.  He can add the holes and studs.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Ok, I will ask Donnie Medlin on Tuesday. Since his container is going from LA, how about Mark out there in California?
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Romel
Romel wrote
...the fender was changed somewhere in the past and does not line up the contours well.
It's relatively easy to re-align a fender; and it's often necessary because Ford used paper shims at the top, so they degrade over the years.  So it's possible that it's the original fender (it looks original in your photo), and it only needs adjustment.

The correct procedure is to align the door to the cab first; and then align the fender to the door.  If the door needs adjustment, it's easier with the fender off.
Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
The fender I have is slightly different than the left one, is shorter about half centimeter, the side marker does not fit right, the A pilar lining is horible, diferent than the left one, the light door to fender lining is bad as well. I have tried to line it the best but still not good.  I can reweld it but thought it would be easier to get the oem one. The front clip was repainted in the past, I think minor accident.  I am colecting all the parts for  frame off restoration, will try to work every winter and make some progress while it is off the salty roads.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
So you have the later (85/86) style with the high wheel well opening trim.  Let's see what we can do, guys!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Bullnose-80-86-Ford-Truck-Passenger-Side-Fender-RH-RUST-FREE-w-TRIM/143236550431?hash=item2159904f1f:g:GK8AAOSw1OFcywhj