classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bucket Seat Seatbelt Stand Ups

kramttocs
Administrator
Needing the long plastic seatbelt standups for my bucket seats. Can just the plastic be obtained from another year/model and slip over the actual belt?

Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bucket Seat Seatbelt Stand Ups

grumpin
I got mine from Bronco Graveyard. I used a heat gun to get the belt through with string tied to help pull on.

Don't get too close with the heat gun!

They're black, but you really can't see them. My drivers belt is blue, from a JY because the original latch went bad, can't see that either.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Perfect! I've been wanting to try that sem paint so those might be a good excuse although I agree - the black wouldn't be bad as is.

On another note - there's a couple trucks similar to ours in the jy so if you are looking for anything color specific let me know and I am happy to take a look next time I am there.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
OK, thanks, I appreciate that, I'm good for now.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by grumpin
Cool! I didn’t know anybody made new sheaths. I’ve collected a few receivers over the years in various condition just because they are hard to find and so often cracked around the buckle or “munched” by the catepolt seat. Black plastic can always be color matched with SEM.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by kramttocs
kramttocs wrote
Can just the plastic be obtained from another year/model and slip over the actual belt?
Most '78-96 Broncos got factory bucket seats with those buckles.  The plastic colors changed over the years, but the plastic is either identical or interchangeable.  The buckles are always the same, for Fs or Broncos, so there's no need to pull them out (which I've always done with the plastic cold) unless the fabric inside is dirty.  The fabric RARELY matches the plastic color, because it's not visible anyway.  Read this & the NEXT several captions:

If the belt fabric is dirty, this is how I clean them: