Brutus's interior

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Brutus's interior

86 1/2 Brutus
The steering wheel came in yesterday.  It's even better then i could have imagined.   Brutus came with a leather wrapped steering wheel, but as many of you already know, the wheel is bent.  We found one on ebay, everything about it is totally mint with the exception of the woodgrain on the horn pad is faded, but not an issue as it has been painted the same color gray as the bezels and the instrument cluster.  The chrome trim around the door panel inlay has also been painted the same color gray, and Nick did the instrument cluster

I'm contemplating fabricating a new pair of door enlays and covering them with the material i used on the seat.  What ya think

The one thing i could never understand about Brutus, the steering wheel never did match.  The bezels are gray and there is no woodgrain at all, and the wheel always looked out of place.  

I cant wait to see the new wheel installed.  We are getting very excited now, although there is a bit more to be done, we can see the prize.

Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Brutus's interior

85lebaront2
Administrator
That is really beautiful!
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That does look good!

As for the door panels, the top-end 85 and 86 trucks had fabric on an insert in the door panels.  So go for it.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Thanks guys.   I figured, the blue fabric on the door panels no longer goes with the scheme which is why i'm thinking the seat material.   Here is the finished steering wheel.

Nick and George
1986 1/2  F150 XLT Lariat 4X2  300 Six  - C6 - 3:08 in a 8.8 -  Fully Loaded - 8 Foot Box
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The wheel looks great!  Like an XLS wheel.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
Yea it sure does now that you mention it.  I think it's going to set everything off really nice.
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
It's supposed to be in the 70's this weekend.  Nick got the other door done, and i am going to work on the tailgate.     Wish  i could change some of my pics for the show, but hopefully next year we will all meet and we can see each others truck in person.  I am so looking forward to that
Nick and George
Owned since new
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Looking good

I think why the wheel was wood and not gray is the cruise.
Cruise I think installed on the upper end trucks that had wood and the wheel would also.
Now being on a lower end truck with out wood on the dash but has cruise the wheel only would be wood.

That is my story and I am sticking to it
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

86 1/2 Brutus
You are right , all the cruise wheels are either the regular wood, or the swirl wood pattern like on the new wheel we got.   Our truck is somewhat of a rare bird, but it's just one of those things, it never looked right, but the gray wheel is going to look sweet in there
Nick and George
Owned since new