Bronco Audio solutions?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bronco Audio solutions?

Gsmblue
Has anyone upgraded the stock stereo/speakers?

I installed a pioneer head unit and some infinity reference 6.5inch coax speakers up front and 6x9 in the rear. I stuck some of those boom backs to the speakers and it made a big difference, but I want more!

I just ordered an infinity reference 4 channel amp and an infinity slimline 8inch active sub designed to go under a seat.

The plan is to pull all the trim out and apply sound deadening to the doors and rear panels.

I am hoping I can mount the amp and sub under the rear bench seat, I want everything hidden!

I will take pics and post on my main project thread.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bronco Audio solutions?

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Uh, no.

But I'm following closely because I see an audio upgrade in the not too distant future.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
If you are pulling things out, why not the seat(s) and carpet and apply the sound deadening to the floor as well?  A lot of the road noise is said to come in that way, and certainly most of the drivetrain noise does.

Also, I just posted about this on another thread, but you should consider a center channel speaker.  If your amp doesn't have a center channel out you can achieve the same thing by feeding the minus signal from one side and the plus signal from the other to a single voice coil speaker.  Or, you can buy a dual voice coil speaker and give it both channels.  Put in the center of the dash you'll get what is common to both channels and it blends things together nicely.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
I only have a 1.5 day window to get this done. The temps will be above 55 on Friday and Saturday and I am trying to maximize what I can do in that time.

Realistically if my friend helps I think I can apply sound deadening to the doors and the rear panels and install all the gear.

Then in the summer I want to replace the carpet and recover the seats so I can do the firewall all the way to the tailgate then.

I will get pics :)
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"