Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly (Hydraulic)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly (Hydraulic)

salans7
Looking for a Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly from an 83?+ (Hydraulic). There's plenty on Ebay but they're outrageous in price, and I haven't had much of a chance to hit junkyards in neighboring counties yet. If you have one you're willing to part with, let's work out a deal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly (Hydraulic)

Rembrant
salans7 wrote
Looking for a Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly from an 83?+ (Hydraulic). There's plenty on Ebay but they're outrageous in price, and I haven't had much of a chance to hit junkyards in neighboring counties yet.
I believe it was 1983-up diesel and 1984-up gas. I had no idea these things were expensive on Ebay. I grabbed a spare at a junkyard last year and I'm sure it was only $10-$15. I'm going back out to the junkyard today looking for some Ford stuff, if I see a hydraulic pedal set I'll grab it. (It's unlikely that I will, but you never know).
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sorta: 83+ for diesel and 460, which is when they were introduced, and 84+ for all else.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by salans7
Shaun - I pulled out my surplus brake and clutch pedal assemblies today, did some looking at what I had on-line, and discovered that I do have a hydraulic one.  But let's see what Cory finds today as what I have is bits and pieces and, if he finds something, it'll be a unit.

Having said that, what I found is that there were three clutch/brake brackets: E0TZ 2L252-A, E1TZ 2L252-A, and E4TZ 2L252-B.  But they appear to interchange as the E4 is shown in the catalog from 1980 on.

Next up is the lever on the right end of the clutch shaft - 7A554.  The mechanical version had a hole in it for the rod to go in and the hydraulic has a pin for the master cylinder's rod to go over.  But they are splined and can be swapped.

Last is the assist spring - 7534.  There were 7 different ones of those depending on what engine and transmission you have.  I have two, a yellow and a black.

You can see the illustrations and part numbers here: Driveline/Clutches And Linkage and then the Clutch Linkage tab.  (Yes, I know it also has the brake pedals, but .....  )

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Thanks Cory for keeping your eyes open, and thanks Gary for the info.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly (Hydraulic) *FOUND*

salans7
Found one locally. If anybody has a blue spring (E4TZ-7534-B) they no longer need, let me know. Thanks.

Or if the springs don't really matter, let me know that too. Haha.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad you found one.  (And, glad I documented what I have so I don't need to look at the springs again.)

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Haha, I read what you put about springs and said to myself "Gary is gonna be glad he already looked".