Blocked Carburetor

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Blocked Carburetor

Paulco
Having an issue where my truck starts but after 3 or 4 minutes it cuts out, I removed the air box and noticed fuel spilling out of the top of the carburetor. From what I have read it sounds like blocked jets. When I bought the truck last year the previous owner told me he replaced the Carburetor last year and after speaking to him recently he bought off criagslist, it has no name I can find. Looking for advice on first, does it sound like a blocked carb and should I get it cleaned, buy a new one or refurb.

I did spray it with carb cleaner.
1982 Ford F-150 XL 4x4 Short Bed with 302 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Blocked Carburetor

FuzzFace2
Not a blocked jet or it would not run but junk in the needle & seat of the float or bad float.
You can try and take a large screw driver and lightly but firmly tap on the carb where the fuel line connects.
Then start the motor and do the same as it is running and see if that will help.
If it is junk in the needle & seat this may dislodge it and keep it from flooding over.

If not then the carb need to be pulled apart and looked over (rebuilt).
If you can post up a picture  of the carb and any numbers it may have lets see if we can get a rebuild kit for the gaskets & spec settings.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Paulco
Couldn't find at brand names on the carb.

1982 Ford F-150 XL 4x4 Short Bed with 302 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
It is a Motorcraft (formerly Autolite or FoMoCo) 2100 series carburetor. The critical information for parts and specifications is on that tag. Be glad it is still there.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413