Black / White HVAC Overlays

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Black / White HVAC Overlays

Danny G
Here is the deal. I found these overlays for our heater / ac / hvac / window / fuel tank control, whatever you want to call it but they are in white. I contacted the company and they can do black but there is a $30 up charge. Probably because they have to "retool" or special order material for a one off. Maybe if enough guys request black they will make it a standard fare. So lets get on that email chain.

http://www.whitegauges.net/pages/Contact-Us.html

http://www.whitegauges.net/categories/Ford/Truck/1980%252d1986/

Looks like you take the clear plastic off, add this on to refresh the faceplate then put the plastic back on.

1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Black / White HVAC Overlays

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's great!  We now have an option.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Black / White HVAC Overlays

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Danny G
TheScatch wrote
Looks like you take the clear plastic off, add this on to refresh the faceplate then put the plastic back on.
There is no clear plastic on the HVAC panel - only a lens on the instrument cluster, but you'd have to disassemble the whole cluster to put their faces on.  And the original faces are 3D, so these would sit higher, on top of the raised elements of the original faces.  I really don't see how they can "slip over the needles", though; I think they're just reusing the description from some other faces because this is what it says about the gauge faces:
Needle removal is not required at all besides the clock, the white gauges easily slip over the needles.
Huh?  The clock doesn't have a needle, or a face.  It's digital VFD.

This is what it says about the HVAC faces:
Some white hvac controls go over the factory face and some replace the entire face, view install instructions for info.