Big Red and Old Blue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Big Red and Old Blue

Fordboy300
Hi guys some of you may know me from the FTE for the one that don't I own two 1986 ford trucks one being a F150 and the other a F250. Both very great truck Big Red and I carry a lot of memories since I was a little baby boy, and now being handed down from my dad.  My father is the original owner of big red it's been in our family since  its rolled of the showroom floor and the rest is history.  

Big Red has a 300 six along with a Tremec RTS trans 2wd five years ago I rebuilt the old 300 hopped it up a bit now it's fun to drive every time I drive it.  

Old Blue I bought two years ago and was originally tan. Blue was a old farm/ranch truck according to my uncle. He said he use to see that truck haul a trailer with six horses haha I dont know if he was overreacting with that statement.  But he bought the truck and it was in rough condition when he got It he had the body work done on it very poorly but it is what it is. I didn't notice till after I bought it. But the truck had a new paint job and then sat in the woods for ten year before I rescued it.  It instantly turned on almost like it knew I was gonna help it be on the road again it's rough around the edges but she hasn't let me down yet thank God.

Old Blue has a 351w HO along with C6 transmission and is 4x4. Since I've own the truck I got rid of all the emission smog equipment that came with it and did just a basic tune up and change the carb to a street demon 625 which is basically a thermoquad.

Thats the story on my two trucks.

Thanks Gary for letting be apart of your forum.
"Big Red" 1986 Ford F150 XL

Ford 300 i6 4.9L  .20 over bore(303 cubic inches now), p&p head, Crower 19212 cam, crower lifter spring kit, cloyes timing gears, EFI manifolds, Offenhauser C-series, Edelbrock 500cfm, DUI Ignition Dizzy, dual in single out magnaflow exhaust dumped before the rear axle.  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Big Red and Old Blue

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I kinda thought I knew you.  Welcome to the Bullnose Forum!

You have a good mix of trucks - the F150 for tooling around and the F250 for doing lots of work.  

So, what are your plans for them?  You might want to start threads for each of them as you start working on them.  That way you can keep track and we can follow along.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI