Bench Seat for a Bullnose

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bench Seat for a Bullnose

Pebcak
As I stated before, the Mrs and I have been looking to re-upholster the seat in my truck.  Just a bit ago she found the post below.  My question is, can a 92-94 range bolt into my 1986 XLT?  

She messaged the owner about for a photo of the bottom mounting brackets and measurements.

I'll be able to get this cheap so I figured I'd ask y'all for assistance first.

1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bench Seat for a Bullnose

PetesPonies
92-94 range??  Not ranger, no. But that seat doesn't lok like a Ranger. So a full size from a 92 should fit. The bench seats can be made to work in many years.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Pebcak
Ok, a BETTER *edited* update!  It came out of a 78 Ford but it IS a 90ish model seat.
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I don't think the earlier seats are a bolt-in for our trucks.  I have heard that from 1980 to some place in the mid-90's the floor pans were the same, but have never seen anything about the earlier pans being the same.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Could have fooled me. Sure looks like a 92 to 96 seat.

Noticed it's for a Supercab. I believe there are some differences in the Supercab floor pan, but that affects the bucket seat and console option. Is your truck regular or Supercab?

The 92 and up seats are quite a bit better structurally than the earlier seats IMHO. Maybe 10 years less wear has something to do with that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak

Apparently I'm getting pictures tomorrow.

My truck is a regular cab with a bench seat.  If you go to the gallery you'll see some interior pictures.

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017, 18:26 NotEnoughTrucks [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Could have fooled me. Sure looks like a 92 to 96 seat.

Noticed it's for a Supercab. I believe there are some differences in the Supercab floor pan, but that affects the bucket seat and console option. Is your truck regular or Supercab?

The 92 and up seats are quite a bit better structurally than the earlier seats IMHO. Maybe 10 years less wear has something to do with that.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To unsubscribe from Bench Seat for a Bullnose, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
SuperCabs have upholstery on the backside. as for fitting . . there isn't much difference in overall length of the bench  in any of the years. Thus, any can be made to fit. I'm not saying it is a simple 5 minute bolt in. Some holes might need to be drilled, track switched etc . . but if you like the seat . . .
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Pebcak
The picture resolution is pretty low, but that fabric type sure looks like a brick nose era seat to me... (87-91). The 50/50 bench seats came in the Supercabs, Broncos and crew cabs. The Supercabs and Broncos had a different floor pan than regular and crew cabs, so the tracks may or may not bolt up, but you could bolt your seat track to that seat. The 50/50 bench does not really fold forward if that matters to you, the corners lean forward while the center stays upright.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I have a bit on seat interchangeability here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/seat-interchangeability.html
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Found a link of someone selling a similar seat for $500+  on THIS site.

I can see what you mean about the corners leaning forward.

The guy is close and wants to get rid of it for less than $100.....  Might be worth getting it.  I can re-upholster this and just do a swap and still drive it daily.  Plus, I may not run into the issues of fixing springs and welding on extra supports.

Hopefully I can update more tomorrow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
That's really high! Granted it is rare to find good 80's seats in the junkyard, but my yard charges $35 per seat, bucket or bench. This can be a particularly good deal if you find a crew cab rear bench that was rarely sat in.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2