Bed Floor Repair

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bed Floor Repair

techguyfropalcs
I am working on my 1980 F-100 that I recently acquired. The bed itself is in real nice shape, and looked amazing from the underside. However, after some blasting to prep for a spray in bed liner, the bottom floor panel seems to have rotted from the inside out.

Long story short, does anyone made a replacement bed floor (the 4x8 sheet), as the rest of the bed is in nice shape.

I see many places offer a replacement floor like I am looking for, but it is listed for the 73-79 trucks. Would I be able to make this panel work?

Thanks,
Caleb

Caleb K

1986 F150

• Supercab
  • XLT Lariat
  • 8' bed
  • 4wd
  • 302 V8
  • AOD

1980 F100

• Ranger
  • 300 L6 (4bbl intake & EFI exhaust manifolds)
  • AOD swap
  • 4wd Conversion (upcoming)
  • 8' bed

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bed Floor Repair

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
The corrugations are different.
You can make it work if you are replacing the whole thing but it is not optimal.

I bought six 20x48" panels from Mill Supply when I got after my bed eight years ago.
They seem to have held up despite the drop-in polyethylene bedliner.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bed Floor Repair

techguyfropalcs
Ok, thanks for the info!

I might try to make a die for my bead roller, to roll out the template for the congregation.

I will have to do more examination after I get the bed off the truck to determine what I am going to do, but just wanted to explore my options.

Caleb K

1986 F150

• Supercab
  • XLT Lariat
  • 8' bed
  • 4wd
  • 302 V8
  • AOD

1980 F100

• Ranger
  • 300 L6 (4bbl intake & EFI exhaust manifolds)
  • AOD swap
  • 4wd Conversion (upcoming)
  • 8' bed