classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

At my wit's end

Tannim
Banned User
I have a 85 f250 4x. It has a 7.5 with a 4 speed manual transmission.  I have had this truck since last spring.  Since then I have taken it to a shop to do the clutch and clutch slave and master cylinder. The shop messed it up.  Had a shade tree mechanic redo the clutch along with flywheel and rear main seal.  I am having to change starters after 3 or 4 starts  the starters have snapped off the cone,. Striped the gear.  When I go to start the truck. There a grinding noise and the sound of metal hitting metal.
Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: At my wit's end

Gary Lewis
Administrator
First, welcome to the Bullnose Forum!  

As for the problems, let's rewind a bit.  Did you have starter problems before the shade tree mechanic worked on it?  And did he replace the starter or just the flywheel, clutch, and rear main seal?

It sounds like he put the wrong flywheel on, although I wasn't aware that there are different flywheels for the 460.  Perhaps someone else does know?

Also, the question will come up regarding your location.  Perhaps you are close enough to one of us to get help face-to-face.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
A very similar problem has been reported on FTE twice, 1/26 and 2/28, by "Marty Twombly"with no response from "him" since the original posts.

And, since user Tannim has an email address of Twomblymarty@gmail.com I'm going to leap to the conclusion that s/he is the same individual.  Therefore, in 24 hours I will ban Tannim from this forum and remove the post if we don't have an apology.

And, in that case y'all can email him your appreciation of his post.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This user has been banned from the Bullnose Forum.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Maybe I missed something. Why did you ban this guy?
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
He posted the same thing twice on another forum.  Several people responded, but after several weeks he didn't bother to respond to them.  My guess is that he is just messing with people by posting a problem he doesn't have.

I didn't know that when I first responded, so took my time asking questions.  When it was pointed out that he'd posted the same problem twice elsewhere, got responses, and didn't have the decency to respond, I realized we had someone wasting our time.

I gave him 24 hours to respond, and even sent him an email about it.  No response, so he's history.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Oh. I get it. I thought he didn't get any responses on FTE. But he did. That's the difference. Got it. Yeah that is weird someone would go to all the trouble, then just not respond. What the heck is up with that....weird.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

baddog8it
FTE?
THE BEAST - '85 F350 2WD (non dually) Crew Cab, 460 carbureted, C6 tranny
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
baddog8it wrote
FTE?
 Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by baddog8it
Ford Truck Enthusiasts.  Another, very large, forum and one where several of us "met".  I used to be a regular on there, assuming anyone with a Ford affliction should be called "regular", but I started this forum and only go back to find bits of info someone needs.

EDIT: 4 minutes late.  David beat me.  Oh well, what else is new.  

Well done, David!

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary, the only thing I beat you at is finding NOS items... and that is because you don't pursue that!