classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Are You Losing Posts?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We have at least one person on here that is losing posts. I won’t say who it is, but he logs in and creates a post and then when he tries to post it it says he isn’t logged in and he loses his post. (Did I tell that correctly, Bill. 😈)

Are any of the rest of you having similar problems?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Are You Losing Posts?

85lebaront2
Administrator
Yes, and to further confuse the issue, I have been logged in make a post and suddenly like right now shows I am not logged in???

I was able to post this despite "not being logged in".
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bizarre!  What devices and browsers?  I need specifics to report as they’ve not be able to recreate  the problem.

In fact, while I’ve seen the problem once or twice in the several months the forum has been up, I haven’t seen it recently. But, I’m probably a special case as I’m getting email notifications for all posts and frequently respond. So I probably stay logged on for extended periods.

Bill - Do you keep a browser tab open to the forum?  Or do you close your tabs?  I’m just looking for anything that might give them the info they need.

And sorry for the inconvenience. Please hand in there.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Device, homebuilt desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro version 1703 64 bit 16Gb ram, Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.80 GHz (Quad core)

Browser, Chrome

No, I generally do not keep multiple tabs open, occasionally, but not on a regular basis. I am more likely to use multiple windows so I can toggle between them.

Unless there is an "active" conversation underway I close any tabs/windows I am not using
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Core i5?  That's what my Surface Pro will have, but with a 7300u.

Anyway, how 'bout leaving a tab or more open?  I don't know if that has anything to do with my experience vs yours, but right now I have 9 Bullnose tabs open here in the shop, surely that many on the Windows laptop, and several on the iPad.  Again, I don't know if that is keeping me logged in, but something seems to be.

Meanwhile I'll report the problem again, but add this info.  And, ask if there's a parameter that can be tweaked on how long people stay logged in.

Thanks!

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Seems like I've had that happen a couple times but I was able to recover the post by pressing the "back" button on my phone. If I write a long post or have a bunch of photos uploaded I've gotten in the habit of doing a select all/copy just in case. If the post/reply page refreshes when you hit "back" the content gets wiped out... and it seems like phone browsers *love to refresh your page automatically 😡
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2