Anyone tell me what this is? I assume it's not factory installed?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Anyone tell me what this is? I assume it's not factory installed?

CDLong
Unknown part
This is on my driver's side inner fender. I don't think it's from the factory. I have no idea what it is or why it's there. The truck does have lights installed by one of the 3 POs. There are no switches inside the cab for any of these lights? The wires to the fuse are cut? The license tag is from my Silverado, I bootlegged her home.Back up lightFront lights
CD Long Jr
1985 F150 XLT Lariat 302 EFI AOD transmission 4x4 regular cab LWB
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Anyone tell me what this is? I assume it's not factory installed?

CDLong
I found a blown fuse. The light under the rear bumper works when in reverse. The 2 lower grill lights work on low beam and the 2 upper work on high beam.
CD Long Jr
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by CDLong
The piece om the inner fender is part of an old trailer electric brake control. They were used with a brake controller like this, if needed:

This is a hydraulic actuated electric brake controller made by Kelsey-Hayes and is no longer as it is not compatible with ABS systems.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

CDLong
Thank you, sir! I'll remove it.
CD Long Jr