4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Anyone recognize this part?

harwood1994
My mechanic is correcting a lot of jerry-rigged wiring jobs on my 1981 f250

It had two owners before me

He said the wiring went from the harness, to a relay and from the relay to this light blue guy

We are pretty sure that the wiring goes from this to the a/c compressor but he has no idea what this is and it isn’t showing up on the Haynes manual

We are thinking that this truck had after market a/c installed somewhere along the way. The compressor itself is fried at this point and looks old but the wiring job and the lines definitely aren’t factory

Thank in advnace!

Michael Harwood
Richmond, VA
1981 F250, 4wd, 4spd, straight 6
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Anyone recognize this part?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I sure don't recognize that thing.  Sorry.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
That is definitely not a Ford plug, and more than likely it's a dealer or aftermarket A/C system.
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by harwood1994
Certainly not Ford.

That it was wired to the A/C doesn't mean it has anything to do with A/C.  I'd look for any ID molded into the case, and crack it open.