Any decent Metro Atlanta mechanics?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Any decent Metro Atlanta mechanics?

Littlebeefy
If I have to I'll go to the 'burbs, but I'd like to find someone who is familiar with the Bullnose. I'm not doing anything exotic, but I'd like an honest guy (or gal) that knows what he's doing and can handle any part the vehicle. Anybody have a recommendation?
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Any decent Metro Atlanta mechanics?

kramttocs
Administrator
You could contact some local car/truck clubs and see if they have any recommendations.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I would also drive around and see what cars & trucks are on the shop lots.
If they have some older ones and look to have some "upgrades" it might be worth a stop in to chat.

I have 1 garage I would not think twice to take my truck to if I did not do the work myself.
They do the state inspections on our other 2 cars, my truck dose not need to have it done.
They did tires and mounted on the wife's car. They did new tires for the truck but I mounted them then took the truck back to check the caster / camber / toe and when I asked a question on how to adjust they gave the right answer.

They have also had older cars & truck on the lot to be fixed.
They also have older "hot rods" that they built, really cool guys.
Oh today on the way home there was a 65 - 67 Chevy Biscane with a BIGBLOCK (on the plate) on the lot
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Chad,

I used to live in Powder Springs, just outside Atlanta. I have a friend who was a Ford Technician for many years before taking another job. His time is pretty full with what he now does, but he might be able to point you toward someone who can be of assistance.

His email @ work is: bspurling@harrisoncontracting.com

Tell him David Branscomb recommended him.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
In reply to this post by Littlebeefy
Just out of curiosity, where in the Atlanta area do you live?  I'm in Johns Creek myself.

I've never taken my truck to a mechanic, but I know several people who swear Christian Brothers Automotive in Alpharetta does good work, although not for cheap.  None of them have older vehicles, but I often see 70s-80s vintage cars and trucks on their lot.

Anyway, just something to consider if you can't get a good firsthand recommendation.
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
In reply to this post by Littlebeefy
Keep in mind Chad, cheep mechanics are not good and good mechanics are not cheep.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
I was surprised how many highly rated mechanics would not work on pre 1996 cars.

Anyway, I found a really highly recommended shop in Atlanta called Village Garage and Custom in East Atlanta village that has a lot of experience with the F trucks. I found them by talking to several recommended mechanics that referred me to them. It was one of those places with a ton of old cars and trucks (from sparkling gems to complete sh!tboxes) parked in the lot and on the lift. I talked to Travis and he was down with everything I was talking to him about. I felt like it was a pretty good sign when he told me that he couldn't look to fit me in for at least a couple of weeks; a good mechanic is always a busy mechanic.

If you're interested, the address is 1215 Glenwood Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30316 or you can Google it.

I'll post an update after I get them to complete a couple of major tasks and let you know how they did.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior