5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Announcement: Picture Posting Change

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Folks - I've made a change to the forum that limits the width of pictures to 95% of the max screen size.  It took a bunch of Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) from a new-found friend in England, but it appears to work.  So, if you start seeing problems with pictures PLEASE let me know ASAP.  It is easily removed, but with the testing I've done it appears to work.

You may be asking why I did that.  The answer is pretty simple - many of us, myself included, post pictures that are wider than the screens on our computers or mobile devices.  But when a wide picture is posted it makes responding very difficult because the box in which you are typing is the width of the picture, meaning wider than the screen, so you can't see your whole message.  And there's no way to scroll in the typing box.  

So I asked my buddy in England, a long-time Nabble user, how to fix that and he whipped up some CSS for me.  As said, it worked on my Test Forum (which is hidden on this web site, but you can get there if you really want), so I put it into production on this forum.  But if you notice any anomalies please let me know.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Announcement: Picture Posting Change

Ford F834
Administrator
THANK-YOU Gary!!!
I have not tried this yet, but what you describe for the text box is also true on my iPhone in regular forum view, and it won't scroll... meaning there are some pages that I simply can't read on my phone. This will be a huge help. So does the image uploader automatically insert width=95%?
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No, it doesn't actually change the code that is inserted for the picture.  But it limits the max to 95%, regardless of how big the picture is or what code you may type in.  Here's what he told me it does:

Rule #1
Makes any image set to "Center" fit 95% of width of available space on the window/screen

Rules #2 and #3
Makes any image set to float "Left" or "Right" display beneath any previous text or image at 48% of width of available space on the window/screen. (Following text will draw up alongside the image.)

Rule #4
Over-rides Rules #2 and #3 on smaller width screens (intended to affect only phones). Makes any image set to float "Left" or "Right" fit 100% of available space.

Does that help?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
I think I understand it, at least as far as the end result. I will not enter the width parameter any more and see how it displays. It sounds perfect! đź‘Ś
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Please let me know how it works. I have to turn my iPhone landscape, but that seems to work.