Andre Zeger's 82 Ford Bronco Ranger

Posted by Machspeed Machspeed
Options

This Bronco sat idle and untouched with the previous owner for 5.5 years due to Dutch government old timer vehicle laws, making it too expensive to drive. It was parked across the river from the central station in Amsterdam, at a typical Amsterdam small bar, where I liked to go and drink a few beers. Talking to the owner, I told him that I was interested in it and would completely restore it if he should wish to trade or sell it. He was pleased to know that it would be cared for and so I traded him an old motorcycle for it.

All information and documentation I found on it informed me that it had been a California car, registered Feb 1982. It was imported to the Netherlands in Aug 2008, where it was bought by the previous owner and driven until 2014. When I acquired it, it was in a bad but salvageable state. There was much rust and while it ran, it leaked fluids everywhere. I hauled the truck to the workshop in July 2019, where the fun could begin. Time was on my side, as after 30 years of oil drilling all over the world, I was, as many, made redundant, therefore this would be a great project to pass my time with.

Since acquisition, I've done a frame off restoration with full repaint and complete rebuild of all the mechanicals. I've added some custom touches through out and upgraded to more modern technologies without taking too much away from the originality of the vehicle.  Still some outstanding things to complete and resolve, but it’s a working and enjoyable car again, and many people turn their heads when passing. Looking forward to 2021 and sharing some of the work we have done on the USA car events that hopefully will be possible again next year.