Accelerator Pump Diaphragm Part number- Other Carbs that Match?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Accelerator Pump Diaphragm Part number- Other Carbs that Match?

Bulletproof250
I know the accelerator pump is leaking, and before I get to drive this truck I figured; gasoline pooling on the intake manifold, over a hot engine may, be a recipe for a shortened life-span. I figure I'll fix it first. Now here come the tricky part, "the weekend is coming" and I forecast that the work necessary to drive it will be done Saturday, As I've started my parts search not many Parts  Houses have the accelerator pump Diaphragm in stock right now, and could have it by next week Looking at the Diaphragm, it reminds me of the Holleys I worked on years ago with friends, and wondered if there was an alternative part number from Holley, or other performance company, that might be more available at the shops, or maybe "Speed" shops?

Does anyone have a cross reference, or alternative part number, for the Motorcraft 2150 Accelerator Pump Diaphragm?
Thanks,
Alex

1984 F-250 Std Cab (a.k.a. Harrison), Dana 60 Rear, Dana 44HD Front, Ratio 3.54:1, 351W, 2bbl Motorcraft 2150, 4WD NP208 Transfer Case, 4-Speed Warner T-18..
Med Desert Tan Metallic ("Tan? ..not brown?" <= from CT DMV worker upon registering)

-Teach your Kids to Fish, Hunt, or get them into Cars, and they'll never have the time or money for drugs.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Accelerator Pump Diaphragm Part number- Other Carbs that Match?

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Dormant 90084 is said to fit '83-'86 Motorcraft two barrel carburetors.

Do you have Amazon Prime?
I would have it by 10:00 tomorrow if I ordered before 3.

Ask your parts store for this #. Maybe they have it in the HELP! Section?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Also NAPA CRB-24295
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bulletproof250
Look like that was the right one I saw on Amazon!

Thanks ArdWrkn,
Thanks,
Alex

1984 F-250 Std Cab (a.k.a. Harrison), Dana 60 Rear, Dana 44HD Front, Ratio 3.54:1, 351W, 2bbl Motorcraft 2150, 4WD NP208 Transfer Case, 4-Speed Warner T-18..
Med Desert Tan Metallic ("Tan? ..not brown?" <= from CT DMV worker upon registering)

-Teach your Kids to Fish, Hunt, or get them into Cars, and they'll never have the time or money for drugs.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Holley 135-5 is the 30cc pump diaphragm.

Auto Zone shows it in my local store.  

I'm Jim. I suppose I should add it to my Sig
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Might be an idea, those of us who have been around for a while all know each others names in addition to our screen names.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
And it's done Bill.  

You should probably have been the one to answer this question.
I hope I did alright.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Bulletproof250
Thanks Jim,

Alex Here.

I'll do the same
Thanks,
Alex

Reply | Threaded
|

Bulletproof250
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
Bill, is there a good thread regarding tuning the Motorcraft 2150? Is there tuning/timing of the accelerator pump adjustments as well?
Thanks,
Alex

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Alex - Name's not Bill, it is Gary.  Guess I should put that in my sig?  

On the 2150, while it isn't technically a thread, we do have a page on that carb: Fuel Systems/Carb's, Chokes, & EFI/Motorcraft 2150.  And Bill has some tips in there.

Bill - Anything you want to add to the tips tab just let me know.  Your expertise is invaluable.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Yes, probably should on the accelerator pump diaphragm section:

Early model 2100 carbs (pre-1964) had a long plunger on the pump diaphragm, and used a inlet check ball accessible through a special screw with a gasket under it. These also had a plastic filler block behind the diaphragm. On these carburetors the cone shaped spring goes small end in. All others go small end out.

When the 2150 was introduced, Ford went back to a plunger, most kits for these contain the diaphragm without the extended "stem" and have a short piece of round bar stock to extend the plunger.

On all 2100/2150 models the larger side center on the diaphragm goes out, small rivet head goes inside.

Other note, this carburetor was in production for a long time with very few changes to the basic design, in my shop we stocked 3 different brands of kits and all of them covered from 1958 (1957 was different enough to have a unique kit) till we sold it in 1978. As long as you know what year it came off, then you can get the settings. A partial number is stamped on the outside of the front left mounting ear. If you can't find a number, pick a vehicle with a similar engine and tell the parts store that, trust me it will work.    

For those into performance, the left side of the bowl has a number cast into it, like 1.08, 1.14, or 1.33, these number represent the venturii size in inches, 1.33 was the biggest, and was used on 1970-71 429 engines, may have been on the 410 Mercury engines also.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bill - Thanks.  I added it to your tips on the 2150 page.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI