classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ANNOUNCEMENT: Workgroups For All

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As an experiment I've turn workgroups on so that everyone can use them.  Let's see how it goes and we may want to change that.

Anyway, here's how it works:

You are in a thread and see a post that you think Joe Blow should see.

You look right above the Post Message button and you see a dropdown that will either say Unassigned or Assigned.  If Unassigned you want to make it Assigned.  If already Assigned then go to the next step.

Once you've made it Assigned you'll see another dropdown that will either show the current assignee or the member at the top of the member's list, which is currently '84-460-Project.  Click that dropdown and use the slider on the right to scroll down and select the member you want to tag.

Next to that dropdown is an "at priority" dropdown.  I suggest we leave it at "3. Normal", but you can do whatever you want as it really won't matter.

After adding some words in the "Reply" field click Post Message.  Joe Blow will get an email just as if he is subscribed to that thread, but at the bottom it'll say something about him having been assigned or tagged, and a link that will take him to your post.

Now for a few other things.  At the moment the Assignee and the Priority show at the top of the thread.  That's just FYI and I'll probably take that away.  And, if someone has already been assigned/tagged, his/her screen name will show in the middle dropdown.  If you change that to someone else and hit Post Message then that someone will now be the assignee and will get the email.

I hope to be tweaking this feature to make it more tag-like where tagging someone just generates the email but nothing else.  And, I'll be playing with the other aspects to clean it up.  But give it a try and let me know what you think.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Workgroups For All

kramttocs
Administrator
Nice work Gary. Looking forward to seeing how this works for everyone.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Scott.  I hope we (I?) can tune it to be exactly what we want.  But I'd like everyone's input regarding what they see.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary's New Test Name
Scott has asked questions about who gets subscribed, so I'm testing this concept by logging on with the "Gary's New Test Name", which isn't subscribed to anything, and posting to this thread.  And I'm tagging Scott so he can come here and post, which should then send me an email - answering some questions.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Replying. "Gary's New Test Name" is populated in the dropdown. I didn't change it.
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary's New Test Name
Thanks, Scott.  I got the email notification that I'd been tagged.  But, what I don't know for sure is if I'd get an email if I wasn't tagged.  So please un-assign me and respond again.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Unassigned
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And I didn't an email on the test user account.  So just posting doesn't subscribe you to that thread.  I don't like that, at all.  

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I'd say a lot of us are in the habit of just checking the Alert checkbox the first time we reply to a thread
Scott