AM/FM/Cassette Radio Internals

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AM/FM/Cassette Radio Internals

thefraze_1020
I few days ago I was scrounging around the attic of my grandpa's old shop and scored a Ford AM/FM/Cassette radio, looks to be in good shape. The radio is missing the tag with the engineering number, but I believe it is from around 1983-84. It has yellow and blue on the dial and is the old two-shaft style. Anyway, I opened it up and some of the wires are disconnected. Does anyone have pictures of the inside of this style radio, or better yet diagrams of the radio internals? I want to make sure all of the wires are reconnected to the right places.

Cameron

1986 F-150 Base, 4x2, 4.9L I6, C6
1992 F-250 XLT, longbed extended cab, 4x4, 7.5L V8, ZF5 5-speed
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: AM/FM/Cassette Radio Internals

BeagleRock
No pics but I can help. Post pics of your inside and I'll tell you what goes where.
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.
Reply | Threaded
|

thefraze_1020
OK here are the pics. All four wires were disconnected from the small circuit board mounted underneath the lid. There are four wires: red, orange, yellow, black. The terminals on the circuit board are EIS 1, EIS 2, EIS 3, EIS 4.

I also want to verify that a shorter black wire mounts to the ground terminal on the back of the radio (as shown).

Cameron

1986 F-150 Base, 4x2, 4.9L I6, C6
1992 F-250 XLT, longbed extended cab, 4x4, 7.5L V8, ZF5 5-speed
Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
In reply to this post by thefraze_1020
 Ok EIS 1=Red
              2 Yellow
              3 Black
              4 Orange

If on the black wire coming from the speaker connector, it is common to ALL 4 of the speakers.

Hope this helps.
 Randy Brown
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.