12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A few parts for sale

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
After deciding to upgrade my engine, and finding a donor I'm looking to sell a few parts I won't need.

I'm going to limit this to small items that can fit in a USPS box so there are no surprises.

First off there is a Holley 0-08457-s.
This carb has a new 12V choke cap and brass floats. Blue gaskets, a throttle damper and Ford style ball cable stud.
There is no kickdown linkage.

I went through it when I decided to go to an Edelbrock 650 Thunder Series. THAT will be for sale when I swap in the built engine.

I also have a late model external clutch slave cylinder.
This has the heat reflective boot and braided stainless steel hose.

Also a nice pair of stock 460 valve covers

Other tidbits are sure to follow as is winnow through the bins.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A few parts for sale

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I have a 460 Zf-5 s42 4x4 bolted too a skid. With the stick and boots.

The pan is idk where...

It drove ok and had no issues getting into or staying in reverse.

Located in Stamford, CT.

I guess this goes against the whole 'in a box, easy to ship' thing, but I need the money...
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - Feel free to post prices if you want.  And, do you want to sell the inner boot by itself?  I'll understand if you don't.  I think my outer boot is fine, although I'll check, but I don't have an inner boot.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Gary Lewis wrote
Jim - Feel free to post prices if you want.  And, do you want to sell the inner boot by itself?  I'll understand if you don't.  I think my outer boot is fine, although I'll check, but I don't have an inner boot.
Not to subtract from a sale if Jim wants to sell his, but the inner boot is readily available on eBay for $15. It is round, unlike the original, but a couple years back I ordered one from the dealership. I paid almost $45 out the door and it was also round, just like the ones online... the retainer spring was insanely stiff. It went on Jan's transmission and we ended up not using the spring and it stayed in the frame just fine.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F262344945594
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I've got to say there is one small problem with this transmission that I haven't yet addressed.

The two lower bolts from the 'inspection plate' spacer are broken off.
I will drill them out and probably Helicoil them.

I had forgotten all about it until now.

I will find the pan and then get a weight to figure freight costs.
Unless one of you know offhand how much this thing weighs.

There's also the parking brake that was bolted to it.
That unit has a rebuild tag affixed.
Need to get some pics.
It is very heavy for its size so may have the same issue as Gary's totes and need to be in a bigger box.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jonathan - Good thought on the inner boot.  No need to have Jim pull it, I'll just order it, so thanks for the link.

Jim - I took the ones on my tranny out to the next size and re-tapped the case - 3/8" IIRC.  But, I don't know the weight.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I'm sure i can get the broken bolts out.

Stainless threaded insert will keep rust and aluminum from becoming one.

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - So, I'd better use stainless bolts for attaching mine?

Jonathan - Thanks again for the tip on the boot.  I ordered it from the link you sent for $14.95 and free shipping when Amazon has it for $43.94 inc shipping.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I would just use Loctite.
When no water or air (anerobic, right?) can get in no corrosion can start.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
That would work.  But, you are forgetting that I'm trying to future-proof things for my offspring.  And it is unlikely they'll see the need to Loctite those bolts in.  After all, they didn't have the chemistry class I had in high school or have the Mech Of Materials class I had in engineering school where we talked about the galvanic series.  (Nor would I understand the tax laws they went to school to learn.)  

If I remember correctly, stainless is a long way down the chart from aluminum, so it wouldn't be good to use stainless bolts.  Your stainless Helicoils would be perfect though as they'll bond nicely with the casing.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Do you really think your son is going to pull the gearbox or change a clutch?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good point.  No, he doesn't have the tools and equipment with which to do that, so would hire it done.