A/C help

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A/C help

Dk46
I’m having a lot of trouble finding a/c hoses. I installed new evaporator core, condenser, fan, dryer, and compressor. The hoses that were on the truck were ruined. I don’t think they are available new so I carried the old ones to a a/c shop that builds custom hoses. After a month of trying they tell me that they cannot find any fittings to match. Said they ordered from everyone they knew and none matched.
I’m really at a loss, all of the other components were readily available and no one has hoses? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.  I’m in South Georgia and it’s HOT!!
Thanks, Danny
Danny K
1982 Bronco
351W
Holley 600
Deleted EEC3
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A/C help

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Danny - I started looking for part numbers in the Master Parts Catalog and finally realized that it isn't simple.  There are lots of variables.  However, what I've done is to put the whole section on refrigerant lines from the MPC on the website here: Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems and then the Refrigerant Lines PN tab.

If you look through that document, which you can print and take to your shop, you'll see several things.  First, there are part numbers for the lines, but I kind of doubt you can find the lines anymore.  But, there are supposedly lengths shown for each line as well as the fittings needed.

However, I call your attention to the bottom of Page 8 where it says that 1980 - 82 trucks built in the Twin Cities or Norfolk plants take a different hose than trucks built in other plants.  That tells me those two plants were using different components than all the other plants.  So I wonder if your truck is one of those, which might explain why the shop is having a hard time finding the right parts.

I hope that helps.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A/C help

old55pete
In reply to this post by Dk46
NAPA shows to have five Different hoses for your Bronco, TEM 200988, TEM200943, TEM200579, TEM200980, and TEM200919.

You might give them a try. Some hoses are for a system with manuel shutoff valves on the compressor and others are for the compressor without the valves.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC