94/96 options in an 85

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

94/96 options in an 85

MotorsportXLT
This summer I had to give up my first truck (1985 F150 XLT Lariat 2WD Long box) to get my dream truck, a First Gen Ford Lightning. I of course wouldn't have gotten rid of my bronco for the lightning, so now I just have the two trucks. Over the summer I parked the bronco for a bit and drove the lightning. Now the lightning is all original, and it actually came with every option you could imagine for the 1994 model year, and when fall came and I had to park the lightning, I realized that I wished I had a few of the options in my 85, that the 94 had. The options I decided to add were the Factory Premim Sound cassette radio, the Auto-Dim rear view mirror, and the duel sun visors. I already installed the mirror, and the wiring for it and the sun visors. I have to cut out the middle part of the roof out of a 87-96 bronco because of the stamped sun visor mounts in the roof panel, and then I should have the sun visors in. The sun visors were a challenge to find because almost all of the duel lighted visors were tan from Eddie Bauer Broncos. The ruby red ones were not very common. Now with the help of a lot of your guy's posts on FTE I ended up using the empty clock plug on the bottom right hand side of the dash to wire up the mirror and visors. I used the "memory" for the clock wire to power the sun visors at all times, and the key on for the display of the clock to turn on the mirror. Right now I'm working on wiring and mounting the factory 94-96 radio amplifier into my 85. If anyone has any interest as soon as the nice spring time weather hits, I could get pics of what I did, and do some in depth explaining of the wiring of all these things.

Ruby red lighted sunvisors and auto dim mirror
Test/ test fit of wiring harness
94/98 mustang radio I'm going to be using
94/96 bronco amplifier and harnes

Chris McGaugh
1982 F-150 XLS Flareside
1985 Bronco XLT "Lariat"
1986 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
1989 F-250HD XLT Lariat Super Cab
1994 F-150 XLT Lightning
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 94/96 options in an 85

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chris - That's cool!  I'd love to see a how-I-did-it thread.  You could start one in Projects and lock it so others can post - if you want to.  That way you have the whole thing to yourself and we can ask questions elsewhere.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI