86 f350

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

86 f350

Dawson81
 Hey everyone I found a nice diamond in the rough it's got a rebuilt title the cab was replaced after someone messed around and found out with their gooseneck, it's got the 6.9 diesel and the 4 speed with granny low it's a lot of folks around where I live  hate on them but I've always wanted one , its extremely low mileage an old man bought it new in 86 and his son has sold it after his passing he only ever pulled his camper with it never had a bed just a goose neck hitch I picked it up for 800$ the factory radio is in it and working only issue I have is a busted radiator I'm trying to find a good priced one the radiator shop wasn't able to fix it but outside of that it fired right up on 2 spins of the starter and the clutch feels great
84 f150 4x4 Swb granny low 331 roller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 86 f350

Ifitaintbroke
Good project, but you are going to catch heck trying to find a radiator for that thing. It is specific to the diesel. I work at a parts store and the last time I checked for an 87ish truck, which I believe is the same, they were around $400-$700, and availability was not great. Maybe get a second opinion on fixing it first?
Bradley
86 f250 supercab longbed, 4x4, 460 bored to 472 cubes, ported heads, ARP rod bolts, EFI pistons, 5.08/5.41 lift 114° lobe separation flat tappet cam, notched lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, stock rockers, Eddy Performer intake, Holley 1850 or 3310 depending on mood, custom curved points dizzy, MSD analog 6al triggered by Pertronix module, zf5 swap, 3g alternator, custom instrument cluster, dual tanks with 38 Gal rear for 57 Gal of fuel capacity, far too much more to mention.

98 Ranger standard cab, rwd, 5-speed, 2.5L, glass pack muffler, dual plugs wired to fire at the same time, coming up on 300,000 miles before too long.

Averaging 26-27 mpg.

South Georgia.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dawson81
Interesting...

Is it a cab & chassis truck?  (straight frame rails) or a bed delete pickup?

Sounds promising if it fired right up.
The close ratio T-19 is a stout gearbox.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dawson81
It was cab and chassis no frame damage as far as I can see it's got a gooseneck hitch welded to the frame I didn't ask too many questions after it fired up I ran it for little bit but not long due to the busted radiator it doesn't even have grime or grease on the cross member I don't think it has many miles on it at all it does have a pto on it too it's got a funky interior color I've never seen before it's a seafoam green but it's got a red seat but the bezel on the dash is wood grain and no driver facing vents they're in there they just never got the bezel to accommodate it when they swapped cabs
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Green interior is "spruce".
C&C truck would have narrow springs and a big long fuel tank.
Cool!
Show us some pics when 6ou get a chance.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dawson81
Awesome it's definitely cab and chassis but also a Frankenstein I plan on finding the right bezel and building a flat bed I'm wanting to start my own mobile equipment and fleet repair gig I've just been waiting for the right 1 ton work horse to come along thank God I found it I thought I was going to have to use this old 77 power wagon 🤣 and I'll get some pics loaded up when my phone quits being goofy