86 f250 ford 5.0 flooding with gas

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

86 f250 ford 5.0 flooding with gas

wvfarmboy
 bought a not bad looking truck cheep, i think everyone has worked on it at some point, turn key on i here fuel pump run, it dont ever shut off, i would think the fuel would just go back to the tank and the only way fuel gets in motor is through injectors am i thinking right?/  and is there 2 fuel pump relays?? have one under hood and anouther under eec hanging there might be wired in   big question do i need to replace the eec and injectors then deal with relays or what else can make it get to much gas, any ideasbefore i put a carb and intake on it    thanks for any in put
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 86 f250 ford 5.0 flooding with gas

FuzzFace2
How do you know its flooding with gas, what signs tell you this?

How old / miles on the injectors?
I see it as they either leak, worn out or the eec it telling then to stay open I can't see any other way.

Maybe pressure regulator?
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

wvfarmboy
 black smoke  , faling spark plugs, and oil has a lot to much gas in it, smells gasie so its floding, showing 9800 miles mighta turned  over a few times so plenty of miles i thought i would replace fuel regulator first and go from there, kinda thinking injectors aswell and go from there, just looking to talk to someone who has been through this.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
If it seems to be pig rich, check the collection of solenoid valves behind the battery. One of the items in there is the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. It needs to have a good vacuum signal from the intake, any cracks or leaks in the line from the fitting on the upper plenum to that will make the system think you are at wide open throttle and go full rich.

The other item is grounds, on the 1985-86 5.0L EFI the entire system grounds to the battery negative post. Wiring on these is also a problem, I have seen a number of these where the insulation has crumbled. The injectors are set up as two groups of four, four end (1458) and four center (2367), if only four of the plugs (one of the two groups) are badly fouled, one of two things, a grounded control circuit for the injectors or a bad computer.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

wvfarmboy
thanks will look tomorow